Stripes Ahoy! is a tailored pullover with a high, wide neckline, boatneck style, and with set-in sleeves.
There is some waist and rear shaping yet the fit is relaxed.
Optional bust dart (just a small one to not upset the striping).
- Everything is knitted in one go, top to bottom
- No seaming
- Set-in sleeves are knitted in the round from cap to cuff
- Yarn is carried from stripe to stripe, no extra ends to weave in
- Contrasting stripes on one sleeve and intarsia inset on the other are a fun – and optional – detail
- Photo tutorial
- Helpful Table to keep track of increases
You’ll find a photo tutorial for the Ziggurat Tricnique and the stripe jog that miraculously fits in precisely with the slipped-stitch faux seam of the caps.
As usual, there’s the Helpful Table to keep track of increases from shoulder to underarm cast-on.
Here is machamaya’s lovely test knit in Holst Supersoft 100% uld (wool):
I like the test knit versions better than my own sample… so I think I’ll need to knit another!
Want to know what’s up my knitted sleeve? Sign up for the occasional Åsa Tricosa Newsletter.