October @ Wollrausch Berlin
24 & 25 October 2014
SCHILDOW: Friday 24 October 2014, 14.00 – 18.00
SCHILDOW: Saturday 25 October 2014, 12.00 – 16.00
Booking details here.
Sideways Shawls & (nonsideways!) Gloves — Friday
- Sideways Shawls (1 hour): Shaping, sizing, how to adapt size to yarn available, 2 cast ons
- Gloves (3 hours): We’ll set up and knit our way to or through one or several fingers of Io, starting from a cuff that you have knitted before class.
Note: Homework required (not very much and quite easy to prepare).
Ziggurat I & II — Saturday
Ziggurat I (2 hours)
- Basic construction of the top-down seamless Ziggurat
- We’ll work through the zigging and zagging setup of a Simple Zigguratlet
- We’ll learn some tricks for picking up cap and shoulder stitches
- We’ll learn how to use the Helpful Table
Ziggurat II (2 hours)
Two different setups for cardigans with built-in buttonbands/collars:
- Bajads/Strrripes – we build directly on the Steps we’ve knitted in Ziggurat I and set up the collar and buttonbands, learn how to make the unusual buttonhole
- Tric/Koronki – this cardigan starts from the centre back and we’ll do the setup with Provisional Winding Cast on and the special collar rib pattern and learn where and how to pick up stitches that allow us to get into the normal Ziggurat zigging and zagging.
After the class you will be ready to knit a full-size version for yourself – or for some very deserving person.
See you there!
p.s. Ich spreche (noch) nicht gut Deutsch, verstehe aber natürlich Fragen. Zudem wird der unermüdliche Sascha vorhanden sein als Dolmetscher.