4 & 5 October 2014
Saturday 4 October, 10 am – 4 pm
- Cast on for and working the shoulders in turn – where to turn and why
- German Short Rows
- Why the pick up & purl is really a pick up & knit
- How & where to pick up cap & shoulder stitches
- How to use the Helpful Table
- and… if time permits… The Perfect Neckline Cast On (a crochet cast on)
Skill level: you should be familiar with knitting basics at an intermediate level but this could be your first stab at a sweater.
Sunday 5 October, 10 am – 4 pm
Advanced Ziggurat & Pockets, Collars, and Cuffs
- Cast on and set up a cardigan that begins at centre back of collar such as Tric or Koronki which require a bit of 3-dimensional thinking. Or rather, I has done the thinking already and will show you how it translates to knitting.
- Cast on, set up, and turning of the buttonbands for the striped Ziggurat cardigan (as seen in Bajads and Strrripes)
- Add some cool collars, cuffs, and inline pockets. (These would work well on many sweaters and garments, not only Ziggurats.)
Skill level: Intermediate or quite nifty with you needles.
Materials to bring: Some DK yarn, a 4mm circular needle and one extra circular needle. Full details will be provided prior to the workshop.